What We Believe
Summit Northwest Ministries is a Seventh-day Adventist community of faith. Having the Bible as our only creed and Grace as our only means of salvation we are guided by the following tenets of faith:
- We believe that there is one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three, who are co-equal and co-eternal, are the Creator, Source, Sustainer and Ruler of the whole universe.
- We believe salvation is received by grace alone, through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe Christians, those who accept the gift of grace, respond by committing to a life of discipleship in Christ and loving service to others.
- We believe the Bible is the enduring and inspired Word of God that faithfully shows us the way of salvation.
- We believe the seventh day of the week was set aside at creation as holy time and continues to be a time to focus on worship, communion with God, relationships, and service.
- We believe that God, who is the owner of all, entrusts us with His resources to be used by the giving of our time, talents, and treasure to Him and to others.
- We believe in the literal second coming of Jesus Christ and the promise of eternal reunion with Him upon His return.
Who We Are
In 2004 a small group of committed Christians needed to do something different. Not satisfied with doing church as they had always done it, this group started over. All they had was a bit of equipment, a few friends and a dream.
This dream was of a church where hurting, confused, depressed, and disenfranchised people could find hope, encouragement, love, acceptance and salvation.
Summit Northwest Ministries started out in a couple of storefronts in the Post Falls Outlet Mall and soon expanded to three storefronts. Growth and economics mandated a move from the Outlet Malls to a rented church facility on the corner of Hwy 290 and Idaho Road in Newman Lake, WA. Very quickly it was evident that even this new location had become too small, and plans were underway to address the increased growth. Initially the plan was to build on church owned property in Post Falls, but then an opportunity opened up to purchase the old Post Falls Theater. After considering the costs of building new versus remodeling the existing theater building, the decision was made to purchase the theater and remodel it for use as a church. The initial phase of remodeling was completed in November 2013, which allowed Summit Northwest Ministries to Worship in their own facility for the very first time. Even though the location and the attendance changed (100% increase in a few short years), the passion to reach hurting, confused, depressed and disenfranchised people for Christ never diminished.
In fact, this desire to “share our loving God with hurting people so that they can experience His transforming power in their lives” has become our statement of purpose and the driving force behind what we do. Summit Northwest Ministries is not content to just be a country club church; our goal is to make a difference in people’s lives.
We invite you to become part of our ministry here at Summit Northwest Ministries. Everyone has a story, and we hope that you will become part of our story. Whether you are looking for something, you want to reach out to the community, or you’re just in need of a family… everyone is welcome! So come help us share our loving God with hurting people so that they can experience His transforming power in their lives.